NON LICENSED & NOTIFIABLE NON LICENSED WORK
All non-licensed and notifiable non-licensed work with asbestos needs a risk assessment and must be carried out with the appropriate controls in place, and those carrying out the work must have had the correct level of information, instruction and training, to protect themselves (and others in the area) from the risks to health that exposure to asbestos causes.
How firmly is the asbestos bonded in a matrix? (For removal work only) – Asbestos containing materials (ACMs) where the asbestos is coated, covered or contained within another material, such as cement, paint or plastic are considered to be firmly bonded in a matrix, ACMs of this type in good condition can usually be treated as non-licensed work but where they are significantly damaged, and so more likely to release fibres, they will need to be treated as NNLW.
At JPS our technicians with years of experience are trained to very high industry standards, including medicals, face fit and annual refresher training. We offer asbestos removals of both work categories at competitive prices. All work is carried out safely and in line with current legislation. Typical work categories are listed below
- asbestos cement products (eg on roof sheeting, tiles and rainwater goods)
- asbestos in ropes, yarns and woven cloth
- asbestos gaskets or asbestos rope cords (including removal as part of repair and upkeep of equipment) if this can be done without substantial breakage
- asbestos-containing thermoplastic and vinyl floor tiles, bitumen roof felt, shingles, damp-proofing coatings, and mastics
- asbestos-containing felt and paper
- plastic paint coatings, PVC floors, panels and sealing compounds
- asbestos-containing conveyor belts/drive belts, bonded rubber, electric cables
- resin-based ACMs such as friction products (eg brake linings)